Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Azhwar (2007)




Yes, I did watch this movie last nite. And, in order to keep up my credentials as an expert on bad films, I had to deal with this monstrosity sooner or later. So, without further ado.. 

Ajit is coming after his big success in Godfather (I still dont understand how that movie was a hit!!!).  He sould take more care in choosing scripts for his movies. I simply cannot understand how he agreed to do this movie!!! Probaby they just wanted to cash in on the success of Godfather.

Bad script, bad direction, pathetic screenplay...Oh my gawd, the screenplay 
is not underwritten, but unwritten!! The background score by Srikanth Deva is loud and pathetic. Calling the music "forgettable" would be a kindness.

Vivek's comedy is a welcome relief in this movie. He is back in his element, and the comedy tracks are the saving grace. Asin is cute and is her usual chirpy self. But she does not have any role. Whenever she is there on the screen, you can expect a song.

There are bad movies. There are really bad movies. And then there's this one. Morbid curiosity compelled me to seek it out, just so I could see for myself exactly how dreadful it was. Well the verdict is that this movie is easily the absolute worst movie I have seen in a long, long time.  It is inconcievable to me that anyone could make a film this hopelessly, endlessly, mind-meltingly bad. This is not just a bad movie - it's a crime! A shameful, pathetic excuse for a movie!

So here is some advice to you Ajit...invest in a good writer,  choose a better director, and improve production values and maybe you'll begin to have a movie that borders on "not-awful."


Rating: 2.0 / 10

1 comment:

Wabbster said...

You still gave it a 2 on 10.

That's... generous...